NSI Lacrosse serves girl lacrosse players starting as young as 2nd grade through high school. We were founded as Bellevue East Lacrosse ("BeLax") in December 2005, by Emmett Soffey and Mike Reynolds, and continue to be supported by a dedicated group of parents. In 2015, we officially changed our name to NSI Lacrosse to comply with Bellevue School District and WIAA rules.
Some of us grew up playing lacrosse, others have grown to love the sport as we’ve seen our girls flourish through participation with this club. We think all girls and young women can benefit from a positive team sport experience, fitness, and fun. That’s what we’re about.
We started with a single middle school-age team, but have rapidly grown to include elementary, middle, and high school teams. Now, our high school program is sanctioned by the Bellevue School District, which means that girls who play at the Varsity level can earn a letter from their respective high schools. Our high school program serves girls at Big Picture, Interlake, Sammamish, and Newport high schools. Eventually, with continued growth, each of these high schools will have its own Varsity-level program.
We have a team for you!
We have a total of five teams in elementary, middle, and high school, including:
- 3rd/4th Grade Team (we have room for a limited number of 2nd graders for this team).
- 5th/6th Grade Team.
- 7th/8th Grade Team.
- High School Junior Varsity Team.
- High School Varsity Team.
League rules vary depending on age group. Our coaches tailor drills and practices to the developmental needs of each age group.
- While we have the support of the High School Athletic Directors and follow Bellevue School District policies, we are not a Washington Interscholastic Activities Association sport but rather a “club” sport. This means parents, a parent led board and coaches are responsible for the program.
- The official season for youth and high school typically starts the last week of February and typically ends mid-May for high school and Memorial Day for youth. No activities are scheduled during Bellevue School District's Spring Break.
LEAGUE RESIDENCE RULES
- A player must play for the team that is affiliated with their school team. If there is not a school team, then the player must play for the school or club team that is closest to their home and within their school district.
- Girls from Newport, Sammamish, and Interlake High Schools (or girls who will be going to one of those scholls) are eligible and all girls living within those school attendance areas are allowed to join if their home school does not have a program. Check here to see if you are within our standard boundary: http://edulogweb.bsd405.org/edulog/webquery/
- The medical expense benefit of NSI Lacrosse Club insurance coverage is through your US Lacrosse membership and is an excess type benefit that picks up where other coverage that you may have leaves off. If you have any other individual, blanket or group insurance coverage, which provides benefits or services for, or by reason of, medical or dental care or treatment, then this plan will pay (to policy limits) only the medical expenses not provided or reimbursable under your other coverage. The key to our insurance coverage is active US Lacrosse membership. Thus, our coaches and players must maintain active US Lacrosse memberships through the end date of the lacrosse season. See USA Lacrosse for more details.
- NSI Lacrosse Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Parent participation is required to help fund the budget for the program.
- All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- Since lacrosse is a club sport, parent support is vital to the success of the program. A parent volunteer board is needed to operate the club.
- The league requires teams to provide timers and scorers at all home games or forfeit the game.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will staff these positions and offer a training session at the beginning of the season.
- Parents are also needed to:
- Attend a Parent Meeting at the beginning of the season held by the head coach (mandatory per league / school rules)
- Volunteer to help at events (ie: fund raisers, banquet, team dinners, etc.)
- Make sure your player arrives at practices/games on time
- Support the coach’s decisions
- Please take the time to talk to one of our coordinators at the Parent Meeting and sign up for a volunteer position.
- Check out the “Parent Volunteering” page on our website for more info. Each parent needs to volunteer for at least one job or pay a $200 participation fee.
ABOUT THE LEAGUE
- NSI Lacrosse Club is a member of the Washington Schoolgirls Lacrosse Association and US Lacrosse. The WSLA is the league that coordinates the sport in the state of Washington. More info about the league can be found at their website:www.wslax.org or the youth website at www.waglax.org.